Monday, April 11, 2011

SHARING in Parish of St Francis, Hamilton, MT: and CELEBRATING with CSJP!



Friends and Family,
I have moved on to Seattle, following a very enjoyable and successful sharing at the Parish of St Francis in Hamilton MT. These people included many friends who have been a great support for our Mission in the past. Several, including the Pastor, Fr. Jack have visited our Mission. This fundraising endeavor has been enjoyable and successful. We could not be present and serve in Guatemala if it were not for the prayers and financial support that comes from the Diocese of Helena, MT. and many other friends from other states and faiths. The needs of the people are great at this time as the economic crisis is causing hunger and greater illness.

The weekend I shared with the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace Congregation of which I am an associate, at their Assembly. I renewed my covenant for five years. The Theme of the Assembly was TO ENHANCE THE BEAUTY OF THE WHOLE! "SPIRITUALITY OF THE CARE OF CREATION! A new imagining of our relationship to GOD, to EARTH and to ANOTHER. Reality is that it is the poor countries that suffer the greatest consequences of climate changes. Nothing we can do for the POOR can compensate for the damage we have done by raising the temperature of the earth. What is your CARBON PRINT.

I return to Guatemala on Monday. It has been a joyous journey. I have visited many of our parishes and friends who make our presence reality in our GUATEMALA MISSION, I have shared with men and women of Faith who are part of my life as an Associate of the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace, I have been hosted by family and friends who are part of my LIFE. I am richly blessed. THANK YOU!

I include a picture in the parish center of St Francis Parish in Hamilton, after mass, with Dianna Kupko and a young parishioner who knitted small bags for school children in Guatemala; and myself with other associates renewing covenant as part of the Congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace.